Breastfeeding 🤱🏼 mamas don’t need to fret this New Years on pumping and dumping. Reasonable alcohol intake should actually not be discouraged at all. There is very little alcohol that comes out in the milk. If you’re a breastfeeding mother, you can take some alcohol and continue breastfeeding as normal. Prohibiting alcohol is another way we make life unnecessarily restrictive for nursing and you don’t have to! La Leche League recommends against pumping and dumping because it doesn’t work. You will simply make new milk that has no alcohol in it. Once the alcohol is cleared from your blood stream, it also clears from any milk that was already in your breasts.
So raise your glasses to a New Year of motherhood and enjoy the celebration !! 🍾 🥂 🎉
We may not be able to buy happiness, but we can hire those professionals that can make the transition easier. If you have a new addition coming this spring, why not hire a baby planner for all your birth and postpartum needs? We offer essential, experienced, ideal doula services to fit your families needs. We offer gift certificates and payment plans. So whether you’re looking for the help or you want to gift a special expectant mother some Doula support for her baby shower, contact us! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Birth professionals and other individuals interested in becoming a member with the Military Birth Resource Network, we are currently updating membership and adding options for supporters, donators and other ways to give back to expecting military families around the world.
What are your goals this 2018? If your goals are to conceive, you’re already expecting or you are seeking postpartum home support this 2018. Contact #earthbounddoulasNC to let us help you plan and execute them smoothly this #newyear2018 🤩
In difficult or challenging times, it's easy to forget that kindness and compassion begin with you, and that you deserve care. Do something every day that is loving toward your body and gives you the opportunity to enjoy the sensations of your body and baby.
Bundle up and Get Outside!
With winter here and a New Years upon us. It can be getting a bit nippy in some areas of the country, which means we tend to stay indoors more. Routine is key for motherhood and a new baby.
If you are struggling with this, contact us today!
As Birth and postpartum Doulas we help prepare all your baby planning needs and navigate to assist you in this transition of motherhood within the postpartum period. So while you take care of your body, we can take care of you. We will help meal prep, do house tidying, sibling care, pet care and anything that requires a helping hand for you we are there! It’s never too late to hire a doula!
A birdie told me a new baby is coming! If you are expecting this spring and summer book your baby planning support with us this New Year and gain the support you deserve! Hurry to book your Doula today!
Give the gift this season or New Years for an expected momma to be by purchasing her some prenatal yoga classes. I know she would love and appreciate the self care to help her prepare for her birth and the new babies arrival. Prenantal classes will start back after the holidays. So come join me at the @hotasana West End location to prepare for birth. This class will be a cool flow for expected mommas. To purchase or gift classes you may call, show up in person or book your class on the Mind Body App. Classes are held on Sunday’s from 4-5pm 😊 See ya back next year!
2065 Juniper Lake Road
West End, NC
When I started realizing the amount of toxins I was willingly spending money on, to ignorantly poison my family, I began a journey I had no idea I was on... We are absorbing hundreds of neurotoxins and hormone disruptors by using everyday products, items we thought were safe for our bodies and our homes. From deodorant to household cleaners, synthetic fragrances to toothpaste. Just start looking at what you are absorbing...
Fortunately, there are inexpensive, multiuse, natural options readily available. Here are my top ten most useful, NON TOXIC, valuable items to have on hand.
1. Coconut Oil: Let me be more specific. Unrefined Cold-Pressed Virgin Organic Coconut Oil. (I have found the best deal at Aldi's.) I use this stuff for everything really.. I oil pull in the mornings (swishing it around for up to 20 mins first thing in the am) Not only does it whiten your teeth, it pulls toxins from your system. Its also excellent for lotion, toothpaste, deodorant, cooking and baking, consuming in coffee, in smoothies, its great for digestion, lubrication, pretty much everything...
2. Essential Oils: Organic, Pure, Food Grade Essential Oils (I use Young Living, and trust their Seed to Seal Quality so much I chose to become a Wholesale Distributor) Essential Oils changed the game.. completely. Having them on hand is not only essential and smart, but empowering, easy, having them on hand saves money, saves time, saves you peace of mind.. they are natures original medicine, and anything that ails you can be assisted with oils! you can use them in food, take in a capsule, apply topically and you can diffuse into the air for a natural beneficial fragrance.
3. Baking soda: Any type is fine, however you can find food grade quality. This stuff is amazing for cleaning, deodorizing, scouring and scrubbing, a whitener for clothes, teeth, a facial scrub, a additive in the tub, on the rugs(with some essential oils) This stuff is probably the least acknowledged yet been around the longest and is one of the most useful items for the household.
4. Honey: specifically Raw with the honey comb from your Local Bee Keeper. Not only is honey excellent for its wound care, its antibacterial and antiviral properties, consuming it daily is excellent for allergies, and immunity. Honey is also great used as a cough suppressant, to soothe sore throats, use as a face mask, as an alternative for sugar(which is terrible for you).
5. Vinegars: great for laundry, cleaning, face wash and great in cooking recipes.. Not only is this a must have on hand for just about anything, vinegar is said to help the body absorb minerals and enzymes. Its said to lower insulin spikes after meals and aid in digestion. Especially helpful in calcium for women, adding vinegar to your daily life is a must. I found an oz of apple cider vinegar in 8 oz of water with a couple drops of lime essential oil, to be a tasty way to get my daily intake up.
6. Bentonite Clay: This stuff is awesome for digestion, boosting immunity, energy, removing toxins, balances pH, great for digestive issues, face mask.. this was one of my ingredients for my homemade toothpaste, to remineralize the teeth and gums.. I highly recommend taking it internally as a daily regimen.
7. Himalayan Pink Salt: so many minerals!! This stuff is easy to replace your white salt with.. It regulates pH balances, helps strengthen bones, helps with hydration, circulation, digestion, absorption,lower blood pressure said to strengthen your libido, and reduce signs of aging.
8. Aloe: Yes the plant!! This miracle plant is excellent for Burns, rehydrating the skin, face masks, cuts, scrapes, stings, take internally for digestion and intestinal health, the plant is an excellent air purifier and detoxifier.
9. Activated Charcoal: I found this stuff when my goats ate some poisonous leaves. This is a great detoxifier. Will rid your system of parasites and toxins. Can be taken as a daily supplement for a digestive aid, it alleviates gas and bloating. great for your skin and body. Also have used it as a teeth whitener.
10.Hydrogen Peroxide: Great bleach alternative, Ive used this stuff as a whitener in laundry, in the bath, as a mouthwash with some peppermint oil.. Very useful in cleaning.
There are a few other things that have changed my world but these are my top 10 list! I hope this helps in your journey to a cleaner, healthier lifestyle!
Boni Weller, DONA Trained Doula
Don’t let fear take over as your due date closes in. Prepare yourself mentally for a stress-free birth.
When it comes to labour, location, pain relief and birth partner on your list – be sure the intention stays positive!
First things first, take this time to face your fears and RELAX!
Second, breathe nice slow breaths in through your nose and out your mouth. (Belly breathing or learning pranayama is ideal during active labor.)
Third, stay in the moment of awareness with your mind and body and be sure to communicate with your partner. This will help you navigate and execute what you are feeling and needing during these intimate venerable moments.
Fourth, diffuse it! Aromatherapy has long lasting benefits within the brain to have positive benefits. So if you can get your hands on some great oils to diffuse in the air during your birth, I highly recommend it.
Fifth, nourish yourself and keep it physical during this time- walking, swaying, dancing and just moving!
Lastly and most importantly— DO NOT GIVE UP!! Sometimes when we are almost reaching the finish line we want to give up. This is fear settling in the mind and you can’t give your doubts negative power.
Know that each breath and contraction is a wave and your baby will be Earthbound in their timing. There’s no need to rush the birthing hour, but to embrace it for the great warrior that you are!
TRUST your body and this process. Be confident, do it in love and know YOU were made, strong and designed to give birth to this precious life!
I have no doubt and lots of faith in you that you CAN and WILL conquer and do great things in your birthing hour and through motherhood. You are a beautiful POWERFUL women and YOU GOT THIS, MAMA!
Are you expecting, have a friend or family member that’s due to have a baby this new year and possibly looking to gift Doula support or event baby planning? (ie., Baby Shower, Mother’s Blessing or Baby Gender Reveal Party.)
Are you a Military spouse, far from home, new to the area, feeling alone, little to no friends or support during this time of your pregnancy journey?
Look no further, Earthbound can help YOU through this season of life!
We can help you pick, prep and serve tummy warming yummies. When the weather outside is frightful, we will help your guest of honor weather your winter pregnancy by serving foods that are hearty and warming.
We can make simple but Elegant Invitations that meet your budget or detailed theme ideas. But sometimes the best baby shower ideas can also be the least expensive.
When I was pregnant in 2016 with my son I wanted everything to be perfect. Needless to say that’s not always the case for everyone. But I personally, felt overwhelmed on all topics on my baby shower event planning just 10 month ago.
I knew I wouldn’t be able to travel home for various reasons, plus after a certain period of my pregnancy my midwife didn’t want me traveling too far from the birth center due to my prior two pregnancies going pre-term.
We know that everyone’s birth experience or event planning isn’t always the same. But with the right planning and support behind you, our Earthbound team can help you achieve whatever you desire.
First things first, don’t get overwhelmed,. Leave the hustle and bustle to the professionals while you put your feet up.
Communication is how we plan together as a TEAM!
If you were like me and were not able to do any of the above, we can accommodate or plan an online event to your liking so you can still reap the baby showering experience.
Not interested in a baby shower, but want to be pampered and blessed to prepare and help ease your mind? We got you!
Unlike the traditional way of today, everyone knows what a baby shower is to celebrate, provide and showers the expectant parents with gifts for their new addition. But through the last decade or more a ‘Mother’s Blessing’ was often the thing where family and friends gathered, prayed and blessed the women to help empower and prepare for what is to come in their birth.
In the last decades, birth families were knitted very close together to celebrate the life and birth of a child. They all came in union together to encourage and support the expectant mother through her birth process. Our ancestors were treated to be warrior goddess and it was up to the elders jobs to instill wisdom within her to trust her body in each transition, breath and contraction as her baby came closer ‘Earthbound’.
If you would like to get an idea on what happens during a ‘Mother’s Blessing’. Click below to watch this short YouTube video that we have had the opportunity to plan and be apart of: https://youtu.be/QVZADeOpQ4M
Whichever event you may have in mind, big or small, we can help! So don’t fret or get overwhelmed. This time of your pregnancy is suppose to be joyful! Sometimes we get too overwhelmed with so many mixed emotions , but that’s completely normal through this time of a women’s pregnancy.
So now the questions comes where you ask yourself. If you had all the support at your finger tips that could help ease this planning processes for you, why not hire a group of professionals to help ease through this process smoothly, right? Right!
In whatever you maybe seeking this pregnancy or postpartum period. We look forward in helping you get through this vunrable, intimate and memorable experience with us . We want to help you look back and feel strong and empowered for a lifetime!
Mamaste you lovely beautiful souls! xoxo
With Gratitude & Respect,
Natasha has 18 years of experience working with birthing and postpartum mothers. She is well versed and rounded with experience in holistic wellness and integrative medicine. Natasha focus is to treat the body as whole instead of a symptom.